Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Partitioning Iraq, and talking to Iran

It is wonderful to hear truths, most of the time.
That is why I enjoyed the following quote:

"I don't expect any favors from Iran. I think Iran - as our intelligence agencies have been concluding - is in a proxy war against the United States. I think Iran would be willing to risk a destabilized Iraq to see us defeated. I expect no goodwill from them. I still think we should talk to them, partly to put pressure on them and to embarrass them in the eyes of the world and present the evidence we've got in front of as many other countries as possible."

The rest of the article is here:

1 comment:

Sammy d said...

I agree we need to engage Iran. They have traditionally been the regional hegemon and we should work to empower them in the region in a manner that will continue to advance our goals in the region. Of course they are working to destabilize our efforts, they see our presence as a threat to their influence and control in the area. We need to bring to light on the world stage the efforts they have made to work against us. The EFP a specific type of IED that is particularly leathal is an Iranian product. The world shoudl know about it. Sammy d